Privacy, cookies & conditions
Privacy & cookies
After registering an account, you will have access to any and all personal information that you have provided us with. To do so, log into your account. You can edit, review, or delete this information at any time. You can also contact us if you need any help, or have questions regarding your information by emailing [email protected]
When you register a company account, or purchase a product, the information we collect includes: Your full name, address, shipping address, email address, phone number, username, password and any other items necessary for us to provide the service(s) that you request. If purchasing a gift, we also collect the full name, and address of the recipient.
The Keen Coffee website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media. Cookies are also placed by Google & Meta for targering and retargeting purposes.
3. E-mail communication
Credit and debit card payments are processed through Mollie or PayPal. We do not have access to your credit card, or debit card details!
General terms & conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings: Entrepreneur: the natural of legal person providing distance products and/or services to businesses and consumers; Customer: the natural person or business entering into a distance contract with the entrepreneur; Distance Contract: a contract in which, up to the conclusion of the contract, exclusive use is made of one or more technologies of distance communication within the scope of the system organised by the Entrepreneur for distance sale of products and/or services; Technology for distance communication: a means to be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and the entrepreneur being together in the same place at the same time. Cooling-off period:the period during which the Consumer may exercise the right of withdrawal; Right of withdrawal: the option for Consumers to withdraw from the distance contract within the cooling-off period; Day: calendar day; Continuing performance contract: a distance contract concerning a series of products and/or services, for which the offer and/or purchasing obligation is spread over a longer period; Long-term data carrier: any means that allow the Consumer or the Entrepreneur to store information directed to him/her personally in a way to make future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information possible.
2. The Entrepreneur’s identity
Keen Roastery BV
Trade name: Keen Coffee
Telephone: +31 (0)851301183
e-mail: [email protected]
VAT number: NL859941565B01
Chamber of commerce number: 74541331
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to any offer from the Entrepreneur and to any distance contract concluded by the Entrepreneur and the Customer. 2. Before concluding a distance contract, the Entrepreneur shall make the text of these General Terms and Conditions available to the Consumer. If this is reasonably not possible, the Entrepreneur, before concluding the distance contract, shall notify that the General Terms and Conditions can be inspected at the Entrepreneur´s and that, at the Consumer´s request, they will be sent to the Consumer free of charge as soon as possible. 3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, the text of these General Terms and Conditions, in deviation from the previous section and before the distance contract is concluded, may also be supplied to the Consumer electronically. 4. If in addition to these General Terms and Conditions specific product or service conditions apply, the second and third paragraphs shall apply accordingly, and in the event of contradictory General Terms and Conditions, the Consumer may always appeal to the applicable provision that is most favourable to him/her.
4. The offer
1. If an offer is of limited duration or if certain conditions apply, it shall be explicitly stated in the offer. 2. The offer contains a full and accurate description of the products and/or services offered. 3. All offers contain such information that it is clear to the Customer what rights and duties are attached to accepting the offer. This involves in particular: the price, excluding taxes; any delivery costs, if applicable; whether or not the right of withdrawal is applicable; the form of payment and delivery; by placing the order the offer, price and conditions accepted by the Customer;
5. Right of withdrawal
1. When purchasing products, the Customer has the option to repudiate the purchase without specifying any reasons for a period of at least 14 days. This period starts on the day the product is received by or on behalf of the Consumer. Except for fresh roasted coffee. Coffee has no right of withdrawal or return. 2. During this period, the Consumer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The Consumer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to judge whether he or she wishes to keep the product. If wishing to exercise the right of withdrawal, the Consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and, as far as reasonably possible, in the original condition and packaging to the Entrepreneur in conformity with the Entrepreneur´s reasonable and clear instructions. 3. To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Customer shall follow the reasonable and clear instructions given by the Entrepreneur in this context during the offer and/or before the delivery.
6. Costs in case of withdrawal
1. Should the Consumer exercise the right of withdrawal, only the shipping costs are at the Consumer´s expense. 2. If the Consumer has made a payment, the Entrepreneur shall return this amount as soon as possible, but within not more than 30 days after the return or withdrawal.
7. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
1. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products: a. that were realised according to the Customer’s specifications; b. that are obviously personal in nature; c. that cannot be returned due to their nature; d. that spoil or age quickly; e. whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond the Entrepreneur’s control; f. for coffee and tea 2. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services a. for training to be used or performed on a certain date or during a certain period;
8. The price
1. The prices of the products and/or services provided shall not be raised during the validity period stated in the offer, subject to changes in price due to changes in VAT rates. 2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, the Entrepreneur may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond the Entrepreneur’s control, at variable prices. The offer will state the possibility of being subject to fluctuations and the fact that any indicated prices are target prices. 3. All prices indicated on the website of products or services are including VAT, unless stated otherwise.
9. Conformity and Guarantee
1. The Entrepreneur guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the contract, with the specifications listed in the offer, with reasonable requirements of usability and/or reliability and with the existing statutory provisions and/or government regulations on the day the contract was concluded. 2. An arrangement offered as a guarantee by the Entrepreneur, Manufacturer or Importer shall not affect the rights and claims the Consumer may exercise against the Entrepreneur about a failure in the fulfilment of the Entrepreneur’s obligations based on the law and/or the distance contract.
10. Delivery and execution
1. The Entrepreneur shall exercise the best possible care when booking and when executing product orders, and when assessing requests for the provision of services. 2. The place of delivery is at the address given by the Customer to the company. 3. If the delivery has been delayed, or if an order cannot be filled or can be filled only partially, the Consumer shall be informed about this. 4. If delivering an ordered product turns out to be impossible, the Entrepreneur shall make an effort to offer an equivalent replacement product. Before the delivery, it shall be reported in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement product will be delivered.
11. Term-contracts: duration, termination and renewal
Notice 1. Regarding a indefinite contract, which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services the consumer may terminate at any time in compliance to the applicable termination rules and a notice of up to one month. 2. Regarding a definite contract, which extends to the regular delivery of products the consumer can terminate the contract at any time at the end of the fixed term in compliance with the applicable termination rules and with a notice of at the most one month. Extension 3. A contract for a definite period, which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services may not be automatically extended or renewed for a fixed period. 4. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, a contract for a definite period, which extends to the regular delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines be tacitly renewed for a maximum of three months if the consumer agreement that has been extended towards the end of the extension may be terminated with a notice of up to one month. Duration 5. If a contract lasts more than one year, after one year of the agreement the consumer may at any time terminate with a notice of up to one month prematurely, unless the reasonableness and fairness resisting the termination before the end of the agreed term.
1. Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts to be paid by the Customer are to be settled prior to the delivery of the goods, or in the event of an agreement to provide a service, within 14 days after the delivery of documents relating to this service. 2. The Customer has the duty to inform the Entrepreneur promptly of possible inaccuracies in the payment details. 3. In case of non-payment on the part of the Customer, and subject to legal restrictions, the Entrepreneur is entitled to charge any predetermined reasonable costs incurred to the Consumer.